The National Scouting Museum will remain open for tours through Labor Day, Monday, September 4, 2017. All remaining workshops are posted on the calendar below.
More information about the museum relocation can be found here.
Interested in bringing your group to the museum?
We offer a wide variety of group programs!
Group Visits, Field Trips & Guided Tours
Community and school groups are always welcome! Drop in for a self-guided visit or let us set up an adventure for your group; whether it’s a school field trip, a general tour, a thematic tour or a workshop-oriented tour! Reach out to our team to create the ideal experience for your group!
What does a National Scouting Museum trip have to offer?
- A look at America’s history through the growth of the Scouting movement
- Educational, hands-on activities that last long after their visit
- Experiences that instill the importance of good character
- An understanding of strong leadership skills
How to set it up? Reservations are never required for self-guided visits, but to create a customized group experience, call 972-580-2100 or contact us so we can help you make the most of your visit.
What we’ll need to know when planning your visit!
- When do you want to come? (please allow at least two weeks notice)
- How long can you spend with us? (we recommend at least 2 hours)
- Your preferred event type and lesson (if applicable)
- Size of your group
- Grade level or ages of group
Reach out to our team to create the ideal experience for your group!
Adventures for Scouts, Webelos, Cub Scouts & Kids of All Ages
Looking to add a little more to your Museum visit? Let us host an Adventure Workshop for your group. Workshops are taught by museum volunteers (if available), and run approximately 60 minutes in length. Our hands-on workshop activities are designed to encourage teamwork and, for scout participants, may count towards some advancement requirements.
Workshops for Webelos
Select from our exciting workshop topics: Looking Back, Looking Forward, Build My Own Hero, Building a Better World and Into the Woods. Visit our calendar for dates and times to register! If you're looking for a den activity, we also offer Webelos Walkabout and Scouting Adventure, contact us today for more information!
Workshops for Cub Scouts
Select from our exciting workshop topics: Finding Your Way to Paws on the Path (Wolf), Bear Necessities (Bear.)
Workshops for Boy Scouts
We offer a wide variety of merit badge workshops for all Boy Scouts. Visit our calendar for more information about upcoming merit badges and to register!
Workshops for All Ages
Looking for Scouting skills? Perhaps you have new Scouts needing help. Call to find out about our Knot-Tying, Map & Compass and Flag Etiquette workshops.
* some workshops will have specific pre-requisites to fulfill advancement requirements for Scouts. Please inquire about pre-reqs when booking your event
- Group size: up to 6 scouts (Large groups will be divided into smaller groups.)
- $6 per child (museum admission is included)
- Two adults admitted free for each group of 30 students
Ready to set it up? Call 972-580-2100 or Contact Us